I'll be brief.
I wrote a version of this for my company agents to inspire them to get busy here, and I'll share it with my colleagues:
- Get found. By buyers, sellers, reporters, other agents with referrals.
- Get followed. Why you want your blog to be engaging (sticky)- Not everyone who finds you is ready to act now. If you keep them coming back, they'll use you when they are ready to roll.
- Get referred. Active Rain allows agents to search for good people to serve their clients moving out of town. The more you contribute, the more prominent you'll become.
- Get educated. Knowldge is power. The flow of ideas, stratgies and insights from the membership is awesome -and lucrative-brain food.
- Get inspired. We experience rejection for a living. There is nothing better to recharge your batteries than the huge numbers of triumphs and challenges posted by your colleagues all over the USA and Canada.
- Get acquainted. Yesterday I was in contact with fellow 'Rainers from around the country via phone, email and text. Ohio, California, Massachusetts, you name it. The earth has shrunk to the size of Cheers.
- Get support. I have seen members share tales of special needs children, loss, death of a loved one, abuse, and more. Short of a big fat hug, a few blog comments of solidarity make a difference.
- Get hired. Moving to a new brokerage? Need to change scenery? Nothing tells you more about a firm than what they blog about. On the broker side, it is a great recruiting tool that has attracted good agents to my firm.
- Get it off your chest. Purge, baby. I have availed myself of this a few times.